Whether you're opening a new restaurant or looking to take advantage of an upcoming refurbishment, ensuring that your security solutions is up to scratch should be a major priority. Now, security might seem like something that can be figured out at the last minute, but it's a really important decision which can have ramifications for your entire business.
Finding the right security and CCTV systems for restaurants is essential. From the outside, it might not seem as important as the interior decoration, or finding the right kind of chairs or tables. However, you should make sure that your video surveillance and other security systems are designed to fully complement your design.
Plan Your Security Solution For Your New Restaurant
Effectively planning your security solution at the point of start up is extremely difficult – not least because you'll be unaware of the issues that you are likely to encounter during the construction phase. Most companies can create a functional security solution after your restaurant has been built, but the best systems are created as an integral part of the entire design.
A typical example of the problems which are likely to plague the poorly planned installation is the idea of a panic button. Many businesses choose to place a panic button underneath the bar, allowing employees to warn the police and security personnel of any developing problems, threats or crimes. However, you might find that your bar has a walk-through opening where you were intending to put the button. It's a very simple mistake to make, but it's a great example of the drastic changes that ineffective design can have to a security system.
Questions To Ask Yourself When It Comes To CCTV Systems For Restaurants
If you want to prevent burglary, theft and other crimes from taking place inside your property, then you need to make sure that your CCTV is the best it can be. Make sure that you have asked yourself the following questions before you start to plan out your video surveillance system.
- What is the concept of your restaurant?
- When will your business be open?
- What's the square footage?
- What will your lighting be like?
- How many cash registers will there be?
- Are there any on-site storage areas, or safes?
- How many entrances and exits are there?
Once you've fully answered and understood these answers, then you can really start to create the perfect CCTV system for your needs. When it comes to practically resolve these questions with your video surveillance solution, you need to ensure that:
- Your video surveillance cannot impact on the concept of your restaurant in too obvious a manner. You should also be aware the larger, more up market eateries are likely to require more security than cafes and daytime restaurants.
- If your business is going to be open during the day, it will require less security than one which is open at night. It might also be worth considering your external cameras based on the opening times of the restaurant. For example, some cameras see better at night than during the day.
- The larger your restaurant, the more space you'll need to cover. Logically, you'll need a larger solution to deal with it.
- If your internal lighting is dark or muted, make sure that your cameras are equipped to deal with it.
- Ensure that you have cameras covering your case registers, as well as any on-site storage areas.
- Make sure that you cover all entrances and exits, even if they aren't regularly used.
Take Advantage Of The Best CCTV Systems For Restaurants, With Global Vue
Here at Global Vue, we are able to provide the best CCTV systems for restaurants. We can help you to create a safe and secure atmosphere without compromising your diner's enjoyment of their experience. We can help to dissuade criminal activity amongst both employees and customers, and ensure that your restaurant offers the highest levels of reliable security.
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our video surveillance and security professionals on 0844 544 3955.