It is fairly common, for businesses and homeowners that had CCTV security systems installed some years ago or who were not confident in their installer, to worry about the longevity of their video surveillance security. Of course, this is perfectly understandable! One of the main areas that you need to ensure operates effectively is your security;
If your CCTV, or any other part of your security system is faulty, then you definitely need to know about it! We recommend getting in a team of expert CCTV installers in London to check through your video surveillance system, but there are a few checks that you can do at home or at the workplace to see whether your system’s working as it should.
A CCTV Fault-Finding Guide
Simply, the key to understanding the overall health of your system lies within the system itself. Your system should have the ability to identify faults and notify you of any that are starting to develop. This is a major feature of many modern systems, but if your solution is older, then this can often be a complex or a convoluted procedure.
There are several best practices techniques that can help you to make the most of your system by identifying and resolving faults as quickly as possible. Thanks to remote monitoring, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of a team of experts monitoring your system’s alarms, which means that they will also be able to evaluate the health of your security systems.
The first stage of finding faults within your CCTV itself is to take the time to make yourself completely familiar with your system. This can make the entire process much quicker, and understanding your system will offer practical benefits in the long run.
Troubleshooting Your CCTV Security Solution
The performance of your system can quickly and easily be evaluated just by viewing the footage they capture. There are many problems which can develop which cause the captured imagery to lose its quality and can interrupt the smooth operation of the system as a whole.
The vast majority of issues that develop relate to either the transmission of the media or the power supply of the solution. Now, most issues that develop with video surveillance solutions can be easily identified.
- 65% of reported system malfunctions are due to problems with video transmission, which can include cables, connectors and their installation.
- 27% are related to issues with the system’s power, such as inadequate or excessive voltage) or other environmental problems (temperature, vibration, human error).
- 7% of system problems are due to installation errors, including incorrect shutdown, low-quality equipment installation and other mistakes made by unprofessional CCTV installers.
- Only 1% of all reported errors with CCTV solutions are caused by actual equipment failure as a result of defective products, inefficient material or shoddy workmanship.
Poor Image Quality On Monitoring/Recording Equipment
- Inadequate Power – If your CCTV is suffering from lowered-video signal strength or quality, don’t immediately throw out your entire system and start again. Approach the problem sensibly, and trial different power cords, making sure that the wire gauge is large enough to account for any drops in voltage.
- Video Signal Loss – Make sure that your video cable doesn’t exceed the maximum allowable distance for your system. Video loss will increase at every connection point, so the closer your monitoring hub is to your CCTV, the better.
It is also likely that the cables you are using will have become too old and worn out to continue to operate as they should; this could cause either an instant video loss or a slow degradation of video quality.
Alternatively, you can always get in touch with your team of CCTV installers in London and ask for their advice. Professional teams, such as those at Global Vue, will be happy to check out your system for you.
Choose Global Vue For Professional CCTV Installers In London
Whether you’re looking for a detailed evaluation of your existing CCTV system or your ready to upgrade to high-quality, industry-leading IP camera solutions, get in touch with Global Vue today.
Our team of CCTV installers in London can provide a diverse range of services to ensure that your home or business is operating as intended. For more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professional team today on 0844 544 3955; alternatively, you can email any questions that you might have to our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.